Thursday, November 7, 2013

Juice Response part 2

  Gladman delightfully skewers the dialogue through which our underlying principles manifest themselves. What we are given fulfills us with the desolation of seeing through the cracks in our preexisting arrangements, and into a topic's unknown and strangeness. Where usual narratives motifs of the Neo-Realism tradition would integrate these gaps and attempt to make aware any gaps in logic, Gladman accepts the crevasses within her narrators to be exposed.
“The juice on my mind was no longer 
juice. There was an absence there, but one so constant it 
became familiar. I did not want to drink it. 
                                   (From "Proportion Surviving,")
“In the first years of my life, everything I ate was mush. Today I will tolerate only the toughest of green vegetables and date people who will always forget this. When I had that remarkable glass of apple juice, I had no idea that one day I simply would not be able to find it. The city gets rid of its apples. People find themselves inventing fruit.
                                   (From “Proportion Surviving”)

No comments:

Post a Comment